The best accessory is a clean, clear face. A customized regiment can help anyone achieve a fresh face and healthy complexion – the best canvas to have when applying makeup. Feeling great in the skin you have is the best confidence boost. So why not make a promise to stick to a daily routine that will make you feel your best?
Tips for achieving a fresh face:
- Refresh. Start your routine by drinking a tall, cold glass of water. Add citrus or cucumber to help you wake up and get blood circulating.
- Cleanse. I love Philosophy’s Purity Daily Cleanser. With the Clarisonic Mia 2, you only need a small amount of cleanser and 60 seconds to get a clean, exfoliated base.
- Tone & Treat. I like to stick to plain Witch Hazel, which you can buy at Target for around $1. Treat problem spots with a topical treatment. Try not to pick!
- Moisturize: Eyes. The skin around the eye is much thinner than the rest of the face and deserves special treatment. If you wait to use eye cream until you think you need it – it’s too late! Lately I love Kiehl’s Rosa Arctica Eye moisturizer.
- Moisturize: Face. Use a face moisturizer specific to your skin type. Double up protection with SPF, which should be worn daily despite the sunless weather reports. Clinique moisturizers come in different formulas based on skin type. Clinique Even Better evens tone and features SPF 20.
- Moisturize: Lips. Start the day with a clear, hydrating lip treatment by itself or as a base for lip color. I’m obsessed with Sugar from Fresh and use it in the morning and every night before bed. It’s so silky!
At night, make sure to remove makeup and repeat your daily routine. A special night cream, like the Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer is a great way to let skin recharge from the harsh chemicals faced throughout the day. If your current routine isn’t producing the same results it used to, try switching to a new product. I’ve found that a product refresh can refresh results. I also like to keep my travel-sized versions of my favorite products in my suitcase so weekends away and travel don’t interfere with my routine.
What are your favorite skin care products?