Although the 80 degree weather this past month didn’t make it feel like Spring, we can officially welcome Summer and all the fun it brings today. It’s 90+ degrees and at 8:30pm, the sun is still in full force. With the welcome weather and long days, it’s time to put together a Summer Bucket List to make sure not one ounce of sun is wasted.
2012 Summer Bucket List
- Have a picnic in the Arboretum
- Eat an Elephant Ear and drink fresh squeezed lemonade from a local carnival
- Enjoy a sunset cruise on the Friends Good Will
- Put my tennis racquet and lessons to good use
- Hear the Detroit Symphony Orchestra play at Greenfield Village for the 4th of July
- See as many firework shows possible
- Make s’mores
- Float down the Huron River
- Paddle board in Lake Michigan
- Take a road trip to St. Louis to visit friends
- Watch ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ on the big screen at Top of the Park
Other agenda items include: The Jimmy Buffett concert, wedding fun, taking advantage of the pool, BBQ and moving downtown to a new apartment! What are your summer plans?